Before you create an account on TLC Connects, make sure you are eligible to use our Services. This Section also details what you can and cannot do when using the Services, as well as the rights you grant True Love Compass.
By using our Services, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You are legally qualified to enter a binding contract with True Love Compass;
- You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country;
- You are not on any list of individuals prohibited from conducting business with the United States;
- You are not prohibited by law from using our services;
- You have not been convicted of or pled no contest to a felony or indictable offense (or crime of similar severity), a sex crime, or any crime involving violence;
- You are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry;
- You do not have more than one account on our Services; and
- You have not previously been removed from our Services by us, unless you have our express written permission to create a new account.
If at any time you cease to meet these requirements, you must immediately delete your account.
Your Responsibilities as a TLC Connects Subscriber
You agree to:
- Comply with these Terms, and check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any change;
- Comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Use the latest version of the Website and/or App;
- Treat other users in a courteous and respectful manner, both on and off our Services;
- Be respectful when communicating with any of our customer care representatives or other employees;
- Maintain a strong password and take reasonable measures to protect the security of your login information.
You agree that you will not:
- Misrepresent your identity, age, current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations with a person or entity;
- Use the Services in a way that damages the Services or prevents their use by other users;
- Use our Services in a way to interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the platform, the servers, or our Services’ networks;
- Use our Services for any harmful, illegal, or nefarious purpose;
- Harass, bully, stalk, intimidate, assault, defame, harm or otherwise mistreat any person;
- Post or share prohibited content;
- Solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission;
- Solicit money or other items of value from another user, whether as a gift, loan, or form of compensation;
- Use another user’s account;
- Use our Services in relation to fraud, a pyramid scheme, or other similar practice; or
- Violate the terms of the license granted to you by TLC Connects.
- Disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to disclose;
- Copy, modify, transmit, distribute, or create any derivative works from, any Member Content or Our Content, or any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through our Services without True Love Compass’ prior written consent;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by True Love Compass;
- Use any robot, crawler, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Services or its contents;
- Upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of our Services;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through our Services;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of our Services without True Love Compass’s prior written authorization;
- Use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to True Love Compass or TLC Connects (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of True Love Compass) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of our Services, or cause others to do so;
- Use or develop any third-party applications that interact with our Services or Member Content or information without our written consent;
- Use, access, or publish the TLC Connects application programming interface without our written consent;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network; or
- Encourage, promote, or agree to engage in any activity that violates these Terms.
Prohibited Content on the TLC Connects App
- Is likely to be deemed offensive or to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Is obscene, pornographic, violent or otherwise may offend human dignity, or contains nudity;
- Is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory or that promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- Encourages or facilitates any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offense;
- Is defamatory, libelous, or untrue;
- Relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions, promotions, and advertising, solicitation for services, “sugar daddy” or “sugar baby” relationships, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- Involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- Contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programs or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from TLC Connects or otherwise;
- Infringes upon any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
- Was not written by you or was automatically generated, unless expressly authorized by TLC Connects;
- Includes the image or likeness of another person without that person’s consent (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s parent or guardian), or is an image or likeness or a minor unaccompanied by the minor’s parent or guardian;
- Is inconsistent with the intended use of the Services; or
- May harm the reputation of Singles Connect or its affiliates.
The uploading or sharing of content that violates these terms (“Prohibited Content”) may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
Our Privacy Commitment
At True Love Compass, your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information, and we do not take this lightly.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
Termination/ Renewability of Subscription
Subscriptions are processed using the payment method subscribers provided on the website. Subscriptions will be automatically renewed until subscribers cancel. If the subscription includes an automatically renewing feature, your payment method will continue to be periodically charged for the subscription until you cancel. After the initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, subscriber’s subscription will automatically continue for the price and time period they agreed to when subscribing, until they cancel.
If subscribers commit to a subscription plan, they agree to pay the prices displayed to them for the Services selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on their payments (and as may change from time to time). If subscribers initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with their payment method, True Love Compass may terminate their account immediately in its sole discretion, on the basis that subscribers have determined that they do not want a TLC Connects subscription.
Subscriber’s Right to Cancel – Subscribers may cancel their subscription, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date they subscribed to avoid the auto-renewal of subscription. Subscribers may submit a Subscription Termination request on the True Love Compass website, tlc-dating.com or write to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel their subscription.
Termination by True Love Compass – If we terminate an account for any reason, here is what subscribers need to know.
True Love Compass reserves the right to investigate and, if appropriate, suspend or terminate an account without a refund if the subscriber has violated our Terms, misused our Services, or behaved in a way that True Love Compass regards as inappropriate or unlawful, on or off our Services. We reserve the right to make use of any personal, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms, at any time without liability and without the obligation to give subscribers prior notice, including, but not limited to, preventing them from accessing the Services.
Refund Policy & Cooling-off Period
Generally, all app subscriptions are final and non-refundable, and there are no refunds for partially used periods.
In accordance with local law, subscribers are entitled to a full refund during the 3 days after the subscription or purchase of value-added services begin. Please note that this 3-day cooling-off period commences when the subscription starts.
Service Recovery and Dispute Resolution
True Love Compass adopts the 3-Step Dispute Resolution Procedure with clients in alignment with SDNTrust guidelines.
Step 1: Identification of Dispute
True Love Compass receives the subscriber’s complaint via email or feedback form on tlc-dating.com website.
Step 2: Resolve to Settlement
True Love Compass will respond and try to resolve the complaint with the subscriber within 3 working days. If the investigation into the complaint cannot be completed within 3 working days, True Love Compass will send a written acknowledgment to the client, indicating the agreed timeframe with client to resolve the dispute.
Step 3: Independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
If the dispute remains unresolved, subscribers may approach an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) body, such as the Small Claims Tribunal, Singapore Mediation Centre or CASE.
Profile & Marital Status Verification Service
Subscribers may register for True Love Compass’ profile and marital status verification service. By registering, you agree to allow True Love Compass to make use of requested supporting documents to verify your identity, profile photo and marital status.
Upon successful verification of your profile and marital status, you will be awarded the Verified Profile Badge and Verified Single Badge respectively on your profile page and will be notified by email of the status of your application. After awarded these badges, you MUST NOT attempt to change your profile avatar photo, name, date of birth or marital status.
“Single” in the context of the marital verification service refers to members who are not legally married and may include divorcees and widowers.
True Love Compass’ system has the capability to perform systematic and periodic checks of subscribers’ profile details against previously provided supporting documents. Any attempt by subscribers to make changes to their profile avatar photo, name, date of birth or marital status after verification will result in suspension of their accounts.
We appreciate that subscribers trust us with their information, and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure subscribers understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and their choices regarding their information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
Information you give us
It goes without saying, we cannot help subscribers develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information generated as subscribers use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If subscribers require additional info, we go into more detail below.
Subscribers choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your email, gender, marital status and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests, and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you commit to a subscription or value-added service, you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services.
These are the information collected through services:
Usage Information – We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring web page address) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
Device information – We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, browser type, version and language, operating system, and time zones. If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
How we use information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
- To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
- To help you connect with other users
- Show users’ profiles to one another
- To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
- To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer award badges, contests, rewards redemption or other offers
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
- To improve our services and develop new ones
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
- To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
- To ensure legal compliance and comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
- To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
Consent: From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information for certain specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us here: email@example.com.